Adventure Bound fly fishing guide, Damon Newpher, had the opportunity to participate as a celebrity guest during Tom Rosenbauer’s Orvis Podcast about fly fishing from stand up paddle boards (SUPs). During the podcast, Damon had the chance to wow Rosenbauer’s guests with his knowledge of the up and coming sport of SUP fishing.
Adventure Bound customers know how enthusiastic we are about the inflatable SUP onthefly stand up paddle boards. But many don’t know that our guides actually fish from their SUP’s.
What makes SUPs the perfect choice for fly fishing in many regions, particularly Western NY?
- Fly fishing from a SUP allows you to access water that other anglers can’t access.
- Fly fishing from a SUP provides superior visibility for spotting fish and subsurface structures.
- A SUP onthefly Guide inflatable stand up paddle board has a cargo capacity of 650 lbs. so you can carry all the gear you need for a successful fishing trip.
- The SUP onthefly Guide is very stable, especially with the addition of a 25qt. Bison cooler to brace against or use as a seat in wavy conditions.
- A SUP onthefly Guide is easily customizable with the RailBlaza mounting system. Star mounts allow you to add rod holders, paddle holders, cup holders, camera holders or anchor systems.
Adventure Bound is an Orvis-endorsed guide shop offering guide services for traditional fly fishing trips as well as SUP fishing. Our guides, Damon Newpher and Nick Sagnibene are also available to do presentations on their adventures SUP fishing in the Patagonia region of Chile and the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico.